Code of Professional Conduct
Members of CILT shall support the general objects of the Institute's Charter and at all times:
- Uphold the integrity and professionalism of the logistics, transport and supply chain industry.
- Act responsibly towards the welfare, health and safety of all members of their organisation and the impact of logistics, transport and supply chain on the environment and the community in general.
- Continue their professional development throughout their careers and actively assist and encourage fellow members, as well as non members, to advance their logistics, transport and supply chain knowledge and expertise.
- Strive to serve the interests of their employers loyally without compromising professional integrity or ethics.
- Carry out their duties in such a way as to promote a professional image of CILT and the logistics, transport and supply chain industry overall.
- Build their professional reputation on merit and compete fairly where competition is appropriate.
- Promote actively international understanding, goodwill and cooperation amongst logistics, transport and supply chain practitioners.
Founded 1919 - Incorporated by Royal Charter 1926